The two ways of thinking can Albania WhatsApp Number List complement each other. Which means that when doing critical thinking, you must first have a certain knowledge reserve to quickly support your own debate.
Gold Rush Thinking Checklist:
- Have I asked “why” someone wants me to believe his point of view;
- Did I jot down what someone else said when I thought it might be wrong;
- Have I objectively evaluated what others have said?
- Have I formed my own conclusions on a particular topic based on what others have reasonably said?
3. It’s best to start by asking yourself “What’s the problem with me?”
If a debate doesn’t affect you very much, you shouldn’t waste a lot of time and energy thinking critically. For example: focus on evaluating whether blue is the favorite color of most company executives.
4. Weak critical thinking and strong critical thinking
Weak critical thinking is the use of critical Albania WhatsApp Number List thinking to defend one’s existing positions and perceptions.
Strong critical thinking is the use of critical thinking to evaluate all assertions and opinions, especially one’s own.
5. Maybe we’re asking the wrong question
in the first place
not only … but also
as a matter of fact
in like manner
us to raise a question indiscriminately as soon as we have it. We have to choose, and maybe we are simply asking the wrong question.
List of key questions:
- What are the thesis and conclusions?
- What is the reason?
- Which words are ambiguous?
- What are value assumptions and descriptive assumptions?
- Are there fallacies in the reasoning process?
- How strong is the evidence?
- Are there alternative reasons?
- Is the data deceptive?
- What important information was omitted?
- What reasonable conclusions can be drawn?
6. Values determine how people interact
Most of our thinking activities are not retreats alone, but often involve others. We can only keep moving forward if we are fully committed to actively interacting with others; without others, we as students often go astray. Critical thinking relies heavily on humbly listening to others to learn from others.
Key values of critical thinkers: autonomy, curiosity, humility, persuasion, reasoning. When conclusions are made with information, but there is room for them, it is best to ask yourself: Is my conclusion valid? Could it be wrong?